|America's Oldest & Largest On-Line Safety Library|
|Home How to Join Guest Library Members Library About SafetyInfo Contact Us|
HELP - Downloading, Saving and Editing
General Workplace Safety Rules
The Company's primary objectives are to ensure the safety and health of our Employees, and to protect company property. Our goal is to provide safe and healthful working conditions for all Company Employees
Safety Rules have been developed with input from Supervision and Employees. While held to a minimum, the rules address behaviors and work practices that can lead to accidents and injuries
Each Employees should become familiar with and follow General and Departmental Safety Rules. Supervisors must enforce Safe Work practices through strict adherence to Safety Rules.
Most accidents can be prevented if everyone uses assigned safety equipment and follows the established safety rules. To operate a safe and successful business, we must work as a team to
THINK SAFE, WORK SAFE, AND BE SAFE
Communication of Safety Rules
Communication of safety rules is accomplished by:
Additional Operating Safety Rules
The Company has additional safety rules for specific operations and departments that apply to those engaged in hazardous work areas or operations. Examples of these rules are contained in other safety manual chapters and standard operating procedures such as those for:
Posting of General Safety Rules
General Safety Rules will be posted in conspicuous areas at all locations
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
1. Report all work injuries and illnesses immediately
2. Report all Unsafe Acts or Unsafe Conditions to your Supervisor
3. Use seat belts when on Company business in any vehicles
4. Firearms, weapons, or explosives are not permitted on Company Property.
5. Use, possession, sale or being under the influence of illegal drugs, misuse of prescription drugs and/or alcohol is not permitted on Company Property or while "on duty".
6. Only authorized and trained Employees may repair or adjust machinery and equipment. Lock and Tag Out Procedures must be followed before removing any machine guards or working on powered machinery and equipment. Replace all guards when the job is completed.
7. Only qualified and trained Employees may work on or near Exposed Energized Electrical Parts or Electrical Equipment. Follow Electrical Safety Rules when working with electrically powered machinery and equipment.
8. Only authorized and trained Employees may enter a posted Confined Space. All confined spaces will be posted Confined Space - Permit Required. Entry is allowed only after permits are properly issued.
9. Only authorized and trained Employees may dispense or use chemicals. It is your responsibility to know where MSDS's are located and that they are available for your use and review.
10. Keep work areas clean and aisles clear. Do not block emergency equipment or exits.
11. Wear and use the prescribed Personal Protective Safety Equipment. This includes foot protection, head protection, gloves, etc.
12. Smoking is permitted only in the designated "Smoking Areas".
This is the FIRST part of