The Company's primary objectives are to ensure the safety and health of our Employees, and to protect company property. Our goal is to provide safe and healthful working conditions for all Company Employees
Safety Rules have been developed with input from Supervision and Employees. While held to a minimum, the rules address behaviors and work practices that can lead to accidents and injuries
Each Employees should become familiar with and follow General and Departmental Safety Rules. Supervisors must enforce Safe Work practices through strict adherence to Safety Rules.
Most accidents can be prevented if everyone uses assigned safety equipment and follows the established safety rules. To operate a safe and successful business, we must work as a team to
Communication of safety rules is accomplished by:
• Discussion during New Hire Orientation
• Published in the New Hire Orientation / Company Handbook
• Posting throughout the facility• Annual refresher training
• On-the-spot corrections and reinforcement by supervisors
The Company has additional safety rules for specific operations and departments that apply to those engaged in hazardous work areas or operations. Examples of these rules are contained in other safety manual chapters and standard operating procedures such as those for:
• Confined Space Entry
• Welding Safety
• Forklift Safety
General Safety Rules will be posted in conspicuous areas at all locations
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
1. Report all work injuries and illnesses immediately
2. Report all Unsafe Acts or Unsafe Conditions to your Supervisor
3. Use seat belts when on Company business in any vehicles
4. Firearms, weapons, or explosives are not permitted on Company Property.
5. Use, possession, sale or being under the influence of illegal drugs, misuse of prescription drugs and/or alcohol is not permitted on Company Property or while "on duty".
6. Only authorized and trained Employees may repair or adjust machinery and equipment. Lock and Tag Out Procedures must be followed before removing any machine guards or working on powered machinery and equipment. Replace all guards when the job is completed.
7. Only qualified and trained Employees may work on or near Exposed Energized Electrical Parts or Electrical Equipment. Follow Electrical Safety Rules when working with electrically powered machinery and equipment.
8. Only authorized and trained Employees may enter a posted Confined Space. All confined spaces will be posted Confined Space - Permit Required. Entry is allowed only after permits are properly issued.
9. Only authorized and trained Employees may dispense or use chemicals. It is your responsibility to know where SDS's (Safety Data Sheets) are located and that they are available for your use and review.
10. Keep work areas clean and aisles clear. Do not block emergency equipment or exits.
11. Wear and use the prescribed Personal Protective Safety Equipment. This includes foot protection, head protection, gloves, etc.
12. Smoking is permitted only in the designated "Smoking Areas".
GET INSTANT ACCESS
to THE MEMBERS LIBRARY
Safety materials created by safety professionals.
Access to the Safety Manager software.
Wide variety of safety videos and courses.
**Brand New** Safety Training Management System
Free with full membership subscription
Training LMS System
Ask The Safety Consultant
Safety Equipment Deal Finder
Kimberly Clark N95
U.S. Made Respirators
Note: You must have a full subscription to the Safety Library in order to use this material. Any use outside of your organization, for resell, or without an active membership is strictly prohibited and may result in prosecution under copyright infringement laws. Please contact us first, if you would be interested in reselling or using our materials for reproduction.
Inside the Members Library
Cranes & Slings
Driver / Fleet Safety
Drug Free Workplace
Fire Safety & Prevention
Job Safety Analysis
Machinery & Equipment
Medical & First Aid
Off the Job Safety
Rules & Policies
Signs & Labels
Slips, Trips & Fall
Vehicle & Driver
Welding & Hot Work
Confined Space Death
Confined Space Hazards & Response
Driving & Medication
Electrical Arc Flash Hazards
Fall Protection - Tie Off
Forklift Carbon Monoxide Hazard
Forklift Tipover Accidents
Forklifts & Pedestrians
Healthcare Worker Safety
Hot Work Dangers
Lockout - Tagout
Reactive Chemical Hazards - Process
Safety For Small Business
Understanding Job Stress - for Managers
Young Worker Safety
2 Minute OSHA Safety Talks
First Aid Training
Forms & Documents
Safety Management Resources
Safety Manuals/Written Programs
Process Safety Management
Drug Free Workplace
Safety Manager Software
23 Module Software - Manage, Track, Schedule & OSHA Log
1. Employee Info
2. Accident Reports
3. Incident Reports
4. Lockout - Tagout
5. Corrective Actions
6. Equipment Safety
7. Confined Space
8. Hot Work Permits
9. Vehicle Accidents
10. Safety Committee
11. Industrial Hygiene
12. IR Calculator
13. Respirator Schedule
14. Protective Equipment
15. Chemical Exposure
16. Event Planner
17. Expense Tracker
18. Job Safety Analysis
19. Chemical Data
20. Training Planner
22. Process Safety
23. Chemical Labels
Safety References & Graphics
New Safety Training System